There’s something about the word “crazy” that seems to capture our attention.
We all know what it feels like to be crazy, and sometimes it’s just nice to put our emotions into words that someone else has already expressed perfectly.
That’s why there are so many great songs about Crazy.
This list includes some of the greatest Crazy songs of all time, by artists like The Beatles, Patsy Cline, and Eminem.
So put on your dancing shoes, turn up the volume and enjoy!
By the way, if you’re a fan of songs about crazy, you might also enjoy songs about insanity, songs about being fast, songs about improving, and songs by beyonce.
Crazy Over You – Blackpink
Crazy Over You is a song by South Korean girl group Blackpink.
The song was released on June 26, 2020, and is the lead single from the group’s debut studio album, The Album. Crazy Over You is a trap-influenced pop song with lyrics that describe the feeling of being head-over-heels in love.
The song features rap verses from Blackpink members Lisa and Jennie, as well as a catchy chorus sung in both English and Korean.
Crazy Over You was met with positive reviews from critics, who praised its hypnotic melodies and addictive hook.
The song quickly became a global hit, debuting at number one on the Billboard World Digital Songs chart and becoming Blackpink’s fourth consecutive number-one single in South Korea.
People Are Crazy – Billy Currington
Billy Currington’s song “People Are Crazy” is a fun, uptempo look at the various things people do that can be considered crazy.
He starts out by talking about someone who buys a motorcycle even though they’re scared of heights.
The second verse is about a woman who gets plastic surgery even though she’s beautiful just the way she is.
The third verse is about a man who goes sky diving even though he’s afraid of heights.
And the fourth verse is about a woman who gets married even though she’s been divorced three times.
The chorus of the song sums it all up with the line, “People are crazy all over the world.”
It’s a light-hearted look at the human condition that will make you smile and maybe even laugh out loud.
Crazy – Aerosmith
Aerosmith’s “Crazy” is a song about a young woman’s descent into madness.
The song is told from the perspective of the woman’s lover, who is trying to hold onto her as she slips away.
The lyrics describe the woman’s increasingly erratic behavior, as she becomes more and more disconnected from reality.
Towards the end of the song, the woman’s lover pleads with her to come back to him, but it is clear that she is lost forever.
“Crazy” is a tragic song about the power of love to both destroy and save us.
Crazy Story – King Von
“Crazy Story” is a song by American rapper King Von.
It was released on October 25, 2019, as the lead single from his debut studio album, Welcome to O’Block (2019).
The song peaked at number 33 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
The song is about a crazy story that happened to King Von and his friends.
They were driving around in a car when they got pulled over by the police.
King Von’s friend got out of the car and started running, and the police shot him.
King Von and his other friends then got out of the car and started running too.
The police chased them and shot King Von’s other friend.
King Von was the only one who survived.
Crazy Train – Ozzy Osbourne
Written by Osbourne and Rhoads, “Crazy Train” was released as the lead single from Blizzard of Ozz in September 1980.
The song is about a train ride through the locations that inspired classic horror films.
In an interview, Osbourne explained that the lyrics were actually based on his own experiences with mental illness.
He said, “I took a lot of acid when I was younger and it made me see things differently.
Crazy in Love – Beyonce
Crazy in Love is a song by Beyoncé released in 2003.
It is the lead single from her debut solo album, Dangerously in Love.
The song features guest vocals from rapper Jay-Z and was produced by Rich Harrison and Beyoncé.
The song contains elements of R&B, hip hop, and pop.
The main instrument used in the song is a horn sample from the 1968 track “Psychedelic Shack” by The Temptations.
Lyrically, Crazy in Love describes the feeling of being head-over-heels in love.
The song peaked at number one on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart and won several awards, including Best R&B Song and Best Rap/Sung Collaboration at the 46th Grammy Awards.
In 2004, it was ranked as the year’s second-best single by music critics on various year-end lists.
Additionally, Crazy in Love was ranked as the greatest love song of all time by Complex magazine in 2012.
Crazy Little Thing Called Love – Queen
Crazy Little Thing Called Love is a song by the popular British rock band, Queen.
Released in 1980, it was written by frontman Freddie Mercury and is included on the album The Game.
The song is an up-tempo track with a simple, catchy rhythm that belies the complicated vocal harmony of the chorus.
It became one of Queen’s most popular songs, reaching the top of the charts in several countries.
In the United States, it was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America.
Crazy Little Thing Called Love remains a staple of Queen’s live concerts and has been covered by numerous artists over the years.
She Drives Me Crazy – Fine Young Cannibals
“She Drives Me Crazy” is a song by Fine Young Cannibals that was released in 1988.
The song became a massive hit, reaching the top of the charts in several countries.
The song is about a relationship that is on the brink of collapse.
The narrator is desperately in love with a woman who is driving him crazy.
He can’t stand the way she always argues with him and criticizes everything he does.
However, he can’t seem to live without her either.
The song perfectly captures the complications and chaos of a failing relationship.
It’s an upbeat and catchy tune that belies the darkness of its subject matter.
“She Drives Me Crazy” is a classic song about love, lust, and insanity.
Shine on You Crazy Diamond – Pink Floyd
“Shine On You Crazy Diamond” is a song by the English rock band Pink Floyd.
It was written by Roger Waters, Rick Wright and Syd Barrett.
The song is included on their 1975 album Wish You Were Here.
The song is dedicated to Barrett, who was a founding member of the band but left in 1968 due to mental illness.
“Shine On You Crazy Diamond” was released as a single in 1976 and peaked at number 55 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in the United States.
In the United Kingdom, the song was released as a double A-side with “Welcome to the Machine” and peaked at number 27 on the UK Singles Chart.
I’m Gonna Show You Crazy – Bebe Rexha
Released in 2014, “I’m Gonna Show You Crazy” is a song by American singer-songwriter Bebe Rexha.
The song was initially released as a single for her debut extended play (EP), I Don’t Wanna Grow Up (2014).
The song became a sleeper hit, reaching the top 20 in several countries including the United States, Australia, and the United Kingdom.
The song’s popularity has been attributed to its relatable lyrics and its infectious hooks.
The song is an anthem for anyone who has ever felt like they’re not good enough or who has ever felt misunderstood.
In the song, Rexha talks about how she used to try to conform to what other people wanted her to be, but she eventually realized that she was never going to be happy unless she was true to herself.
The song is ultimately about being proud of who you are, no matter what anyone else says or thinks.
Go Crazy – Chris Brown and Young Thug
“Go Crazy” is a song by American singer Chris Brown and rapper Young Thug.
It was released on May 5, 2020, as the lead single from Brown’s upcoming album, Slime & B.
The song peaked at number two on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.
The song was first previewed on April 30, 2020, on Young Thug’s Snapchat story.
On May 1, 2020, the song was officially announced along with its artwork and release date.
Crazy – Gnarls Barkley
Crazy is a 2006 song by Gnarls Barkley, a musical collaboration between Danger Mouse and CeeLo Green.
The song is built around a sample of the 1962 song “Busted” by Ray Charles, and is characterized by its distinctive looping drumbeat and Greene’s vocals, which span two octaves.
The song received critical acclaim, with many praising its unusual sound and Green’s vocals.
It was nominated for three Grammy Awards, including Record of the Year and Song of the Year, and won Best Urban/Alternative Performance.
In May 2007, it became the first single to top the Billboard Hot 100 chart in the United States without being released commercially as a physical single.
Crazy Girl – Eli Young Band
“Crazy Girl” is a song by the Eli Young Band, released in 2011 as the first single from their album Life at Best.
The song was written by Mike Eli, Jon Jones, and James Young, and it topped the Country Airplay chart in 2012.
The song is about a crazy girl who “drives [the narrator] insane,” but he still loves her anyway.
Eli Young Band lead singer Mike Eli has said that the song is not actually about a specific person, but rather about the idea of being in love with someone who is “a little bit crazy.”
Nevertheless, the song struck a chord with listeners and became one of the band’s most popular songs.
It also helped to launch them into the country music mainstream.
Let’s Go Crazy – Prince and the Revolution
Let’s Go Crazy is a 1984 song by Prince and the Revolution, from the album Purple Rain.
The song is about going “crazy” in a world full of chaos and oppression.
It begins with a synth intro that sets the mood of the song.
The lyrics talk about how society tells people to conform and fit in, but that they should instead let go and be themselves.
The chorus includes the iconic line “Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to get through this thing called life.”
This line has been quoted by many people, including President Barack Obama.
The song is an anthem for individuality and self-expression, and it continues to inspire people to be themselves.
I Want Crazy – Hunter Hayes
Hunter Hayes’ “I Want Crazy” is a song about the thrilling, dizzying feeling of being in love.
The song’s narrator is head-over-heels for someone, and they’re convinced that the only way to truly be happy is to embrace the craziness of love.
The song is upbeat and catchy, with a message that will resonate with anyone who’s ever been in love.
While the song is primarily about romantic love, it can also be interpreted more broadly as asong about the joys and challenges of any kind of close relationship.
Whether you’re in a new romance or a long-term relationship, “I Want Crazy” is a reminder that love is always worth fighting for.
Crazy – Simple Plan
The song “Crazy” by Simple Plan is about a young man who is struggling with his mental health.
He feels like he is losing his mind and he doesn’t know how to cope with it.
The song is about him trying to find help and trying to hold on to his sanity.
The song is very powerful and it really speaks to people who are going through a tough time.
It is a great song and it has helped a lot of people.
Missin You Crazy – Russ
Russ’s “Missin You Crazy” is a heartfelt ode to a former lover.
The song reflects on the good times the two shared, and how much Russ now misses those moments.
The lyrics are sentimental and longing, with Russ conveying the deep sense of loss he feels at the breakup.
The song also has a reconciliatory message, with Russ admitting that he was at fault for the relationship’s demise.
Ultimately, “Missin You Crazy” is a beautiful expression of love and regret, and a reminder that even when relationships end, the memories of those we have loved will always stay with us.
Crazy for You – Madonna
Among Madonna’s many hits, “Crazy for You” is perhaps one of her most iconic and well-loved songs.
Released in 1985, the song quickly shot to the top of the charts, cementing Madonna’s status as a pop queen.
The song is a classic love story, with Madonna singing about being head-over-heels for her new beau.
However, there’s a twist: the object of her affection is also crazy!
Despite this, Madonna is willing to overlook his flaws and stay by his side.
The song’s catchy melody and infectious beat are impossible to resist, and it’s easy to see why “Crazy for You” remains one of Madonna’s most popular songs.
Crazy for You – Hedley
“Crazy for You” is a song by Canadian band Hedley.
The song was released in 2005 as the second single from their self-titled debut album.
The song is about a person who is crazy in love with someone who does not reciprocate those feelings.
The lyrics describe the feeling of being “crazy” for someone who does not feel the same way, and how that person is “the only one” who can make the speaker feel that way.
Despite the fact that the relationship is one-sided, the speaker is still “crazy” for the other person.
The song was a commercial success, peaking at #2 on the Canadian Hot 100 chart.
Crazy – Seal
Seal’s song “Crazy” is a classic love song with a twist.
Instead of focusing on the joys of love, Seal sings about the madness that comes with it.
The lyrics are deeply personal, and they paint a picture of a relationship that is both passionate and chaotic.
The song has an intensity that is unmatched by most other love songs, and it captures the feeling of being completely consumed by love.
Whether you’re head-over-heels in love or simply crazy about someone, “Crazy” is the perfect song to describe the experience.
You might also like these playlists:
- 20 Best Songs About Sunday
- 20 Best Songs About Reason
- 20 Best Songs About Dallas
What is the most unsettling song? ›
- Black Sabbath – 'Black Sabbath' ...
- Suicide – 'Frankie Teardrop' ...
- Aphex Twin – 'Come To Daddy' ...
- Primus – 'Mr. ...
- The Beatles – 'Being For The Benefit Of Mr. ...
- Radiohead – 'Climbing Up The Walls' ...
- Slipknot – 'Iowa' ...
- Nine Inch Nails – 'The Becoming'
- Sam Cooke – “A Change Is Gonna Come” (1964) ...
- The Beatles – “I Wanna Hold Your Hand” (1964) ...
- Band Aid – “Do They Know It's Christmas?” (1984) ...
- Edwin Starr – “War” (1970) ...
- Billie Holiday – “Strange Fruit” (1939)
|2||Crazy on You||1976|
|3||Let's Go Crazy||1984|
|4||Crazy Little Thing Called Love||1979|
- Peggy Lee – A Brown Bird Singing. ...
- The Saints – Swing For The Crime. ...
- Stan Ridgway – A Mission In Life. ...
- Vince Staples – Señorita. ...
- Sons of Kemet – The Book of Disquiet. ...
- Rotary Connection – Didn't Want To Have To Do It. ...
- Catalyst – Perception. ...
- Manchester Orchestra – The Mansion.
- 1. “ Season of the Witch” — Lana Del Rey. ...
- 2. “ People Are Strange” — The Doors. ...
- 3. “ Sympathy for the Devil” — Rolling Stones. ...
- 4. “ Dracula's Wedding” — OutKast (feat. ...
- 5. “ Black Magic Woman” — Santana. ...
- 7. “ Freak” — Sub Urban (feat. ...
- 8. “ ...
- 9. “
1. BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY by Queen. Sing karaoke version of Bohemian Rhapsody here.What is the #1 song of all time? ›
- “Beautiful” by Christina Aguilera.
- “Man in the Mirror” by Michael Jackson.
- “The Gambler” by Kenny Rogers.
- “Born This Way” by Lady Gaga.
- “Hey Jude” by The Beatles, Another Song With Meaning.
- “Firework” by Katy Perry.
- “Let It Be” by The Beatles.
There's even a dispute over the exact title. Yet “It's a Small World,” also known as “It's a Small, Small World” and “It's a Small World (After All),” is very likely the most played song in music history — nearly 50 million times.What is the most used word in all songs? ›
If you're wondering whether there actually are words that songwriters continually resort to, it won't take you long to hit on the word “love.” I have no idea how many songs contain that word, but I'm ready to bet they number in the tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands, or even millions! Everybody's got looooooove!
What is the most famous song in the word? ›
According to Guinness World Records, Irving Berlin's "White Christmas" (1942) as performed by Bing Crosby is the best-selling single worldwide, with estimated sales of over 50 million copies.What is one song that everyone knows? ›
“Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen
If we are going to talk about songs that everyone knows, “Bohemian Rhapsody” has a well-earned spot on the list. Most people have grown up hearing the lyrics sung by the legendary band Queen. There have been covers and features in various forms of media, keeping it relevant and well-known.
The hidden track is a snippet of a song called "Can You Take Me Back", serving as an "outro" to "Cry Baby Cry". Nirvana put the hidden song "Endless, Nameless" 10 minutes after the last listed track on their 1991 album Nevermind.Which is the most mysterious song in the world? ›
"The Most Mysterious Song on the Internet" (also known as "Like the Wind", "Blind the Wind", "Check It In, Check It Out" or "Take It In, Take It Out" after lines in fan-interpreted lyrics; acronymed as TMMSOTI or TMS) is the nickname given to a song recording, most likely composed in the 1980s, whose origin, author, ...What is the scariest song ever written? ›
- 1 Danse Macabre (excuse us while we hide behind a cushion) ...
- 2 In the Hall of The Mountain King. ...
- 3 Symphonie Fantastique. ...
- 4 Toccata and Fugue in D minor. ...
- 5 O Fortuna from Carmina Burana. ...
- 6 The Sorcerer's Apprentice. ...
- 7 Dies Irae from Verdi's Requiem. ...
- 8 Mahler's Symphony No.
- 'Sexual Healing' by Marvin Gaye. ...
- 'I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little More Baby"'by Barry White. ...
- 'Wicked Game' by Chris Isaak. ...
- 'Untitled (How Does It Feel?)' by D'Angelo. ...
- 'Fade Into You' by Mazzy Star. ...
- 'Need You Tonight' by INXS. ...
- 'Sexy MF' by Prince. ...
- 'Video Phone' by Beyoncé
- Your heart is pounding. You can't catch your breath. ...
- “Unwell” by Matchbox Twenty. ...
- “Better Place” by Rachel Platten. ...
- “Screen” by Twenty One Pilots. ...
- “Last Hope” by Paramore. ...
- “Heavy” by Linkin Park. ...
- “1-800-273-8255” by Logic featuring Alessia Cara and Khalid. ...
- “Million Reasons” by Lady Gaga.
- Defying Gravity by Idina Menzel and Kristen Chenoweth.
- Don't Rain on My Parade by Barbra Streisand.
- Chandelier by Sia.
- Emotions by Mariah Carey.
- Lovin' You by Minnie Ripperton.
- I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston.
- All By Myself by Celine Dion.
- Make You Feel My Love by Bob Dylan.
- Shake It Off by Taylor Swift.
- Mamma Mia by ABBA.
- Born This Way by Lady Gaga.
- Da Doo Run Run by The Crystals (feat. ...
- I Can See Clearly Now by Johnny Nash.
- A Thousand Years by Christina Perri.
- Bubbly by Colbie Caillat.
What is the shortest #1 song? ›
The Shortest Hot 100 Hits
While it just misses the second list above, Maurice Williams & the Zodiacs' “Stay” is the shortest No. 1: just 1:38 in length. The classic led the Nov. 21, 1960, Hot 100.
Adele, “Easy on Me”Who has the most #1 hits in history? ›
Mariah Carey (USA) has topped the US Billboard Hot 100 singles chart on 19 different occasions.What song makes you feel the most powerful? ›
- BelieverImagine Dragons.
- Glitter & GoldBarns Courtney.
- you should see me in a crownBillie Eilish.
- ConfidentDemi Lovato.
- HeadspaceRiley Clemmons.
- ManeaterNelly Furtado.
- My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up)Fall Out Boy.
- I Kissed A GirlKaty Perry.
- Watermelon Sugar by Harry Styles - 2019. ...
- Chandelier by Sia - 2014. ...
- 1985 by Bowling For Soup - 2004. ...
- The Way by Fastball - 1998. ...
- Slide by The Goo Goo Dolls - 1998. ...
- Semi-Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind - 1997. ...
- Waterfalls by TLC - 1994. ...
- No Rain by Blind Melon - 1992.
- 1 Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen. ...
- 2 Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin. ...
- 3 Imagine - John Lennon. ...
- 4 Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana. ...
- 5 One - Metallica. ...
- 6 Hotel California - Eagles. ...
- 7 Hey Jude - The Beatles. ...
- 8 Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd.
It's a classic rock staple and it's got a great drum solo.
- Kiss - Strutter.
- The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again. ...
- Disturbed - Down With The Sickness. ...
- Eminem - The Real Slim Shady. ...
- Venom - Welcome To Hell. ...
- Mayhem - Deathcrush. ...
- System of a Down - BYOB. ...
- Aerosmith - Train Kept A-Rollin' AerosmithVEVO. ...
“Roar.” “Royals.” “Radioactive.” Notice a common thread among these recent hits? The number of charting songs with one-word titles continues to grow, with single-monikered tracks now making up…What one song will you always know every word to? ›
At the very least, “Livin' on a Prayer” offers a word absolutely everybody knows and sings whenever they hear it.What is the number 1 most used word? ›
|Word||Parts of speech||COCA rank|
What are the 5 most recorded songs of all time? ›
- “Yesterday” by The Beatles. ...
- “Hallelujah” by Leonard Cohen. ...
- “(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction” by The Rolling Stones: ...
- “My Way” by Frank Sinatra. ...
- “Over the Rainbow” by Harold Arlen and Yip Harburg, sung by Judy Garland.
|1. Ed Sheeran – Shape of You||3307042661|
|2. The Weeknd – Blinding Lights||3285156792|
|3. Tones And I – Dance Monkey||2707855088|
|4 – Lewis Capaldi – Someone You Loved||2564964399|
Use Shazam or MusicID.
If you've got Shazam on your phone and hear a song you can't identify and don't know anything about, activate the app and hold it toward the audio source and wait for a result. You can also use MusicID or Google Assistant to identify songs that are playing in your environment.
Shazam is a popular song-identifier app that works on most smartphones and even has an extension for web browsers. It can identify a song in seconds. All you have to do is hold your device near the device that is playing the song.How do I find a song if I don't know the name? ›
- Shazam. With Shazam, users simply hold their phone up to the source of music while a song is playing. ...
- SoundHound. Much like Google, SoundHound allows you to hum or sing a melody in case the song you're looking for isn't playing right now. ...
- Siri or Alexa.
- "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" by The Beatles.
- "Total Eclipse of the Heart" by Bonnie Tyler.
- "I Shot the Sheriff" by Bob Marley.
- "Poker Face" by Lady Gaga.
- "Harder to Breathe" by Maroon 5.
- "Chandelier" by Sia.
- "In the Air Tonight" by Phil Collins.
- "Slide" by Goo Goo Dolls.
- “Something in the Way” – Nirvana.
- “Nothing Compares 2 U” – Sinéad O'Connor. ...
- “Tears in Heaven” – Eric Clapton. ...
- "I Will Always Love You" – Whitney Houston. ...
- "Close to You" – Rihanna. ...
- "It's Too Late" – Carole King. ...
- "I Can't Make You Love Me" – Bonnie Raitt. ...
- "Death by a Thousand Cuts" – Taylor Swift. ...
The loudest popular song is Welcome to the Jungle by Guns 'N Roses with a loudness of -1.931 dB. You may be wondering how a loudness value can be greater than 0dB. Loudness is a complex measurement that is both a function of time and frequency.What songs have dark meanings? ›
- "Electric Avenue" by Eddy Grant. ...
- "The Way" by Fastball. ...
- "At Least It Was Here" by the 88. ...
- "Run for Your Life" by the Beatles. ...
- "Born in the U.S.A." by Bruce Springsteen. ...
- "Macarena" by Los del Río.
According to Guinness World Records, Irving Berlin's "White Christmas" (1942) as performed by Bing Crosby is the best-selling single worldwide, with estimated sales of over 50 million copies.
What is the 1 song of all time? ›
|2.||"The Twist"||1960, 1961 ( re )|
|4.||"Mack the Knife"||1959|
The Shortest Hot 100 Hits
While it just misses the second list above, Maurice Williams & the Zodiacs' “Stay” is the shortest No. 1: just 1:38 in length. The classic led the Nov. 21, 1960, Hot 100.
We played that song 30 times. It was a laugh. Nicholas Bullen, writer of the song's four-word lyrics, said that the brevity of "You Suffer" was inspired by Wehrmacht's 1985 song "E!". The song has since been recognized by Guinness World Records as the shortest ever recorded.What song is most likely to make you cry? ›
- "When She Loved Me" — Sarah McLachlan. ...
- "Wish You Were Here" — Pink Floyd. ...
- "Living Years" — Mike and The Mechanics. ...
- "Hurt" — Johnny Cash. ...
- "Julia" — The Beatles. ...
- "Friend, Please" — Twenty One Pilots. ...
- "Supermarket Flowers" — Ed Sheeran.
Sentimental R.E.M ballad Everybody Hurts has been voted the song most likely to make men cry. In a survey by songwriters and musicians group the Performing Right Society for Music, published online, the 1992 hit topped the list of men's top tear-jerkers, followed by Eric Clapton's Tears in Heaven at number two.What is the most overused song? ›
- “Hallelujah,” Leonard Cohen.
- “Bad to the Bone,” George Thorogood.
- “Stayin' Alive,” The Bee Gees.
- “Back in Black,” AC/DC.
- “Sweet Home Alabama,” Lynyrd Skynyrd.
- “Born to be Wild,” Steppenwolf.
- “Fortunate Son,” Creedence Clearwater Revival.
- “Spirit in the Sky,” Norman Greenbaum.
Grunge (sometimes referred to as the Seattle sound) is an alternative rock genre and subculture that emerged during the mid-1980s in the American Pacific Northwest state of Washington, particularly in Seattle and nearby towns. Grunge fuses elements of punk rock and heavy metal, but without punk's structure and speed.Which is the most popular song in the world? ›
As of February 2023, only two songs have reached 3 billion streams - The Weeknd's "Blinding Lights" Ed Sheeran's "Shape of You". A total of 27 songs have reached 2 billion streams. Justin Bieber has the most songs in the top 100 with six entries, while Post Malone has the most songs in the top 10 with two entries.